Реклама показывается только незарегистрированным пользователям. Вход или Регистрация

Switch to Advanced Browser as Default OS Browser

Обсуждение патчей для планшета HP TouchPad

Сообщение Bakugan » 06 ноя 2011, 21:04

Патч позволяет зарегистрировать Advanced Browswer в качестве веб-браузера по умолчанию вместо шататного Web.

The patch will allow you to open URL/links with Maklesoft's Advanced Browser instead of the default webOS browser. However, the default browser will be available for usage when you install the patch. The word patch is slightly misleading because what I'm providing is a a shell SCRIPT which you have to run in a shell like XTerm or Novaterm. Below you'll find very specific information about the installation process and the caveats of using this hack.

Credits to Coreyau and his Ramblings of a Closet Geek article documenting the steps to do this in older OS levels but those theories very much apply here. I think the only things missing from his older instructions is to edit ALL language json files as that was the key to solving this puzzle in 3.0.4 version of webOS.

PRE-INSTALLATION SHELL ABILITY REQUIREMENT
Method 1...
  • Install Preware (not going into details). Then install XServer, XTerm and Xecutah.
  • Install Advanced Browser (tested with version 1.2.6 on webOS 3.0.4 Touchpad)
  • Restart Luna or reboot the device at some point after those apps are installed and before running my hack.
  • Restart Luna or reboot the device at some point after those apps are installed and before running my hack.
Method 2...
  • Connect the webOS device to the PC
  • Install Novacom drivers for your device (not going into details)
  • Open up %PROGRAMFILES%\Palm, Inc\terminal --- directory on the PC
  • Run novaterm.bat file which will launch a terminal emulator and allow you to run commands on the device (like my script once you get it onto the device). Don't forget to click File>Connect.

PATCH/SCRIPT INSTALLATION
  • Somehow get the script onto the device.
    • You e-mail the script to yourself and SAVE the attachment, don't try to run it.
    • You can mount the device as a drive on the PC and place it right on the root of the device which is actually /media/internal.
    • Or you can use my latest-favorite method by uploading via the wonderful app called Wifi TP File Browser
  • Remove the TXT extension from the tail end of the filename... or keep as TXT, it does not really matter since Linux will run any file extension with execution permissions.
  • Once the script is inside of the /media/internal directory (for ease let's say it's here) you will need to modify its execution permissions by running:
  • [COLOR="Green"]chmod 777 /media/internal/JZ_default_browser_switch_0_1.sh[/COLOR]
  • Execute the script via a shell command. This command can be run via Xecutah>XTerm or you can run it via Novaterm --- both methods described above:
  • [COLOR="Green"]sh /media/internal/JZ_default_browser_switch_0_1.sh[/COLOR]
  • By executing the command above my script will begin. It will not do anything until you make your selection at the prompt.

SCRIPT ACTIVITY EXPLANATION
  • The script will make an emergency backup of the stock browser. This backup will NEVER be removed (for obvious reasons) by my script and you will have to manually remove it if you wish.
  • Then it will move the stock browser into a different folder name after which it will change the Application ID (in a few places for international languages). This way you can still retain the original browser and use it as you please from the Launcher.
  • Then it will COPY Maklesoft's Advanced Browser from the user apps into the stock apps folder and give it the same folder name as the original browser. After which I change the Application ID to what the original stock browser had.
  • EVERYTHING my script does can be reversed and your stock browser will simply be copied back from the emergency backup location.
  • After a restart of Luna or a reboot, Advanced Browser will be your system default web browser.

KNOWN ISSUES & CAVEATS
  • The Advanced Browser that was copied into the stock browser's folder does not seem to save preferences. It does save favorites but not preferences for some reason. Please let me know if you have a solution.
  • When the script is enabled you will have two icons in the Launcher and actually two copies of Advanced Browser on the device. One will be the original installation and the other will be the fake replacement of the stock browser.
  • Just type... search box will use Advanced Browser once the hack is installed.
    • If you DO NOT want to use this hack script and would rather change the Just type... box to use Advanced Browser, you can use this PATCH to get that working in 3.0.4

I've tested a few dozen times by activating and deactivating the functionality and it definitely works :) but feedback is always welcome...

Please do not re-post this script. Things get outdated quickly and I simply don't understand when people think they can just take another's work and distribute it.

Enjoy!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patc ... owser.html
Bakugan

Благодарил (а): 45 раз.
Планшет: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16Gb

Спонсор » 06 ноя 2011, 21:04

Реклама показывается только незарегистрированным пользователям. Войти или Зарегистрироваться
Спонсор

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.

Re: Switch to Advanced Browser as Default OS Browser

Сообщение Bakugan » 08 ноя 2011, 09:53

crz, патча пока никто не сделал. Проблема с ВКонтакте обсуждается тут.
Bakugan

Благодарил (а): 45 раз.

Сообщение G.E.R.I.O.N » 27 ноя 2011, 00:24

народ, кто разбирается в создании IPK - сварганьте плиз этот патч!
родной браузер реально калечный)))
G.E.R.I.O.N

Благодарил (а): 22 раз.
Телевизор: LG LF630V

Сообщение G.E.R.I.O.N » 29 ноя 2011, 21:21

меня как будто услышали - в Preware появился патч, который вместо стандартного браузера запускает Advanced Browser, если он установлен на ТР конечно)), при переходе с Just type... или при открытии ссылок из других приложений

причем сам браузер Web не удаляется и его можно запускать как всегда просто тапнув по ярлыку

Патч называется Make Advanced Browser the default browser

ps юзайте поиск в Preware у меня этот патч в списке патчей браузера не отображается, но через поиск находит
G.E.R.I.O.N

Сообщение G.E.R.I.O.N » 01 дек 2011, 23:37

вышло обновление патча - поставил себе, теперь опять стандартный браузер открывается везде
жесть!

upd. Разрабы исправили баг - патч из серии"musthave"! Ставить всем!
G.E.R.I.O.N

Сообщение feaouill » 21 дек 2011, 18:23

Это все конечно хорошо, но никто не знает, как забацать полосу прокрутки, как у нормального браузера? Ну, потому что когда находишься в середине какого-нибудь длинного поста, комментариев так на 500, например, ужасно бесит все это мотать в одну или другую сторону.
feaouill

Благодарил (а): 1 раз.

Сообщение G.E.R.I.O.N » 22 дек 2011, 17:09

если не ошибаюсь, есть патч для браузера, расширяющий управление жестами - возможно там есть недостающий функционал
G.E.R.I.O.N

Вернуться в HP TouchPad - Патчи